Ntest is optimized for standard-start othello games.
30 Mar 2005: Even bigger book available
Dan Lidstrom has provided his latest 20-ply opening book. This one is 50% larger than Dan's previous "Bigger book"! Get it from the downloads section.
5 Jan 2005: NBoard version 1.1 available!
New in version 1.1:
New features for Ntest's command-line interface (see instructions.html to learn how to use it):
- Database: Filter by player name, location, year, result, or opening (click between the row header and the first item)
- Edit menu: Flip board, paste move-list, paste board as text
- View menu: Display best 1/2/4/all moves, View coordinates, highlight best move or all legal moves
- Engine menu: User-selectable depth
- Database menu: Unload games to save memory
- Reduced flicker
- Minor bug fixes
- Some searches automatically saved to book to speed reviewing
- Have Ntest play on the internet to build your book
- Analyze games in move-list format, e.g. "1. F5 2. D6" or "F5d6"
- Additional edmundization modes
|Ntest||Ntest + NBoard. NBoard.exe is the GUI, read instructions.htm if you want to use the command-line interface.|
|Bigger book||A large book calculated at 20-ply by Dan Lidstrom. 3.59MB zipped/12MB unzipped|
|NBrowser||A GUI to view the book conveniently. Written by Edmund Yiu. NBrowser homepage|
The source is for the version as of Sep-2004 making it somewhat outdated but still pretty good.
Really advanced users can download the coefficient calculator, which is quite finicky and
requires all the files that ntest source does as well as its own special files.
To learn ntest's tricks, see How it works.
Download the source code. It requires the GDK.
- Include all .cpp files when you compile except off_precoded.cpp(#included in another file).
- You need to enable RTTI and set the GDK directory as an #include directory
- For MSVC you need to link in wsock32.lib
- The directory is hardcoded to c:\devl\othello. If you don't like this change it in options.cpp.